Friday, November 11, 2011

Why I Included an Advertisement for an Adult Internet Service in My Banner Ads

I included a banner advertisement for an adult site for several reasons Click here to go to the site, Adultfriendfinder, for several reasons. First and foremost, consistent with my social-political views, I believe that whatever consenting adults do is their own business. I believe that strongly, whether the issue is Gay Rights, Abortion/Reproductive Rights, and/or Privacy Rights.

I am very concerned with Human Trafficking which overlaps greatly with the sex trade. Please click here to go to my post/article on human trafficking. I urge people to go to that site and read about this worldwide evil problem. The essence of the difference is "consenting adults." In this particular site, I am relatively assured that the people are "consenting adults." That said, with "morality based" groups increasing their hold on the Republican Party (and I words "Morality Based" to mean groups who seek to impose their subjective brand of morals which are a strict and non-tolerant interpretation of the Christian Bible and this anti-gay, anti-premarital sex, anti-choice and reproductive rights, and an advocacy of a wholesale intrusion into the privacy of American citizens), it is urgent that they be "headed off at the pass" and understand that the separation of church and state is paramount, and freedom or religion, privacy rights, and other rights, both express and implied in our state and federal constitutions will never again be infringed upon by the fanatical religious right.

Additionally, this particular site epitomizes, in my opinion, capitalism and "free markets" as it leaves the individual provider of the web based "services" to set their fees and the types of services they provide, which can be anything from G rated  fortune telling to X rated services of every shape and flavor. It is up to the consumer to pick which services they want, what they are willing to pay, etc. When buyer and seller are of the same mind, transactions are completed, legally, on the Internet. Like EBay (which excels in bringing buyers and sellers of hard to get goods and services for which there may be only a few suppliers or consumers in the entire nation) this service, is a perfect example of the Internet using efficiencies and a capitalistic marketplace to complete business transactions.

So that is why I decided to accept this particular advertisement, which, on the one hand, has the same free speech rights as anyone and rights which I feel compelled to defend, and on the other hand, is far less repugnant than the speech of many respected people and groups who, I believe, are destroying America with their own limited special interests which ignore the needs of the country overall and violate the existing economic and/or constitutional principles implicated (depending on the issue).

No comments:

Post a Comment