Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Why I don't care about Conrad Murray Michael Jackson Trial

Although I follow the news in general, and closely follow legal cases in the news, I have no interest (although I am following the case closely enough to be certain I am not missing anything) in the Conrad Murray case relating to the death of Michael Jackson.

First, there are millions of people who die of medical malpractice and/or drug addiction who don't have the advantages and resources of Michael Jackson. Who is caring about their cases, if they even know they have one and/or have the resources to get treated, to get legal representation, etc.'

Second, Michael Jackson, whether or not is legally responsible, certainly has significant moral responsibility for his own condition. He has always done what he wanted, and that has included aberrant behavior which includes the use of drugs He is hardly a sympathetic victim. Aside from the fact that I still believe he was a pedophile who simply could not be convicted due to the standard of proof and his use of his fame, fortune, and popularity.


Lastly, Dr Conrad Murray was hardly an evil person with the traits we reserve for drug dealers or health care professionals who habitually prescribe dangerous drugs to hundreds of job addicts, and do this thousands of times, for no other reason than to make money. The case has gotten enough publicity that the reader of this will probably know what I am referring to, even if he/she disagrees. While I could write pages and pages justifying my ambivalence, because I am entitled to my opinions, and because I believe I and others have said enough already on this case, let me say, "ENOUGH SAID." There are others more deserving of our time and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment